Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Getting back to 'normal'

Last week was pretty hectic as I tried to cram in as many appointments as possible before Julie left. As Julie flew out, Roger arrived (well there was actually one night of overlap which the kids loved as they got to sleep together in Celia's room - hence a sleepless night for me and Andy!) and it also happened to be Max's 3rd birthday so we all went out for a birthday dinner as I had cancelled his party (poor Max).
He didn't seem to mind and as crèche was finishing up for the holidays the ladies made him think the party was for him and not end of term.

Roger was down for the Lions rugby match and as I'd arranged a babysitter for 3.30pm, we got to soak up the prematch atmosphere which was amazing.
We were all wiped out on Sunday and by Monday I was craving some normality and routine.





Unfortunately that takes the form of hospital visits and blood tests these days and it was back to hospital on Tuesday for tests. Unfortunately Celia's results showed that she's neutropenic (very low white blood cell count) so today's lumber puncture operation got cancelled again. So more blood tests on Thursday and chemo plus potentially the lumber puncture on Friday. She still seems fine and as you can see, looks well.

Reese our new nanny started today and she will now come every Wednesday. It has taken such a weight off my shoulders but I was so keen not to waste one minute of her being here that I hardly stopped to eat today! Celia was a bit upset at the start as she still cries if I leave her, but after an hour she was a changed girl and announced that they were all off to the park - I cannot tell you how exciting it was to be able to clean an empty house!

And here are a few pics of Julie's stay - Kids miss you, Skype soon.

at Hampton marina
Sunset at Mornington
Thelma and Louise at Arthur's Seat
Portsea surf beach


    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment