Thursday, December 9, 2010

A New Nephew - Congratulations baby sister

Normally when I get woken at 3am it is by Max who has decided he wants food, a trip to Mum and Dad's bed or just a good old cry for no particular reason whatsoever. He has been waking up a bit too often for my liking recently. Anyway, last Tuesday I was woken for an altogether more acceptable reason...a call from brother-in-law Gary in Scotland to say that I had a new nephew, Sam, born on the 1st December.

That's two girls and a boy now for Ruth and Gary - bigger house required soon I would say. Congratulations one-and-all. Sam is just 5 months younger than Max so I'm sure the two of them will have some great times in the years ahead, assuming they get to live in the same continent at some point.

Apart from baby news (other friends are having twins soon too), Christmas party season is in full swing. It is full-on rooftop terraces, barbeques and posh restaurants every other night right now. I have to say I'm not missing the sub-zero temperatures or snow one little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment