Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Getting ready for Santa

As Andy already mentioned Ruth had a baby boy 2 weeks ago and nobody was more pleased with the name than me. This is due to a rather foolish oversight of mine a few weeks back. I was in the local charity shop where I spotted some Christmas stockings and as I'm always on the lookout for a bargain (or just plain tight as Andy prefers to call it) I thought I'd save a few dollars. I did think it slighty odd that the lady at the counter asked if I was sure I wanted both stockings as she could plainly see that I had two children but it wasn't until I got home that I realised I'd bought personalised stockings. In my dyslexic state I just saw a jumble of letters which I thought read 'XMAS' but as luck would have it the first one I pulled out of the bag was for a MAX! The second one was for a 'SAM' and of course at the time we knew no Sams so thank you Ruth and Gary as I'd hate to think my purchase would go to waste. I'll post it over for next Christmas!
This week has been full of parties (mainly for Celia but Max and I tag along). She is being a very stroppy teenager these days as all she wants to do is stay in her room and listen to CDs or sleep. She refuses to even come out for meals. How did we manage to bypassed the terrible twos plus10 years?!
Well I will leave you with an update on what is the biggest Australian news story this week - no, not the climate summit or Stockholm terrorist attacks or even Julain Assange - its 'Queen of TV Oprah Winfrey visits Australia'. And it's been on the news and in the papers for weeks now! They showed people crying yesterday because they got to be one of 12,000 people in the audience of her Sydney show - some people need to get out more (including the whole of the Australian media!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment